Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for Probationary Captains. Flying the Falcon 20, this is a unique opportunity to operate jets at low level and in formation, operating with current RAF frontline fighters and Royal Navy warships. You will be at the forefront of the UK’s electronic warfare training capability, in a demanding flying role that requires superior flying skills.
This offers an exciting, unique and challenging operating environment working alongside international defence organisations and governments. Clear progression route is available along with outstanding personal development opportunities.
To be successful in this role you should be a confident and competent individual with a creative approach and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team. This business is evolving rapidly so you will also need to be self-motivated, proactive and flexible to changing priorities.
The position is based out of our Bournemouth International Airport site, with occasional travel expected for detachments.
As a Probationary Captain your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A minimum of 1500 Fixed Wing hours.
- 500 Hours on a Multi Crew aeroplane – this requirement can be gained during your time as a Probationary Captain with Cobham if required.
- Must have held a Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MEIR)
- EASA Frozen ATPL Holder
- Must be SC cleared or have the ability to attain an SC clearance (potential candidates will require UK security vetting).
- Ex RN or RAF Fast Jet experience highly desirable, preferably recent FJ experience.
As a Probationary Captain your main responsibilities will involve:
- The safe operation of the aircraft in accordance with current legislation and company operations manuals
- Maintaining and demonstrating a sound understanding of modern air warfare tactics and capabilities.
- The ability to safely coordinate, brief, execute and debrief a complex mission with multiple players.
- Have an ability to act as a Maritime Mission Commander or an Air to Air Mission Commander.
- Supporting worldwide detachments as required by the company
- You will be required to fly in support of adjacent contracts such as our NATO & RSAF contracts.
About Cobham Aviation Services
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised Operational Readiness Training, Search and Rescue Services, Helicopter Training and Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page