Cobham is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support manufacturing cells of new and existing products. Responsible for managing process documents, tooling and fixturing for programs, driving continuous improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools, performing ergonomic assessments and providing typical Manufacturing Engineering rigor required for Aerospace Industry product realization. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Manage the creation of standard work and standard cycle times.
- Generate and revise work instructions.
- Maintain tooling, gauging, and test equipment for mature production.
- Responsible for Work Cell Design, Integration and Validation.
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma tools to reduce waste and variation in processes focused on improving KPIs.
- Support 5S and visual management efforts in manufacturing areas.
- Support Product Conformance and Configuration Control requirements.
- Ensure Ergonomics are applied to manufacturing processes.
- Maintain product family matrix to drive proper integration of new product into current cells.
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities.
- Drive First Pass Yield (FPY) improvement.
- Drive Overall Process Effectiveness (OPE) improvement.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or operations.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings, Schematics, and Bills of Materials.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing and sustaining Manufacturing Processes.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in applying Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the role of Manufacturing Engineer.
- Participation in Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS).
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Knowledgeable in the design of manufacturing floor plans, material flow, and product integration.
- Six Sigma certification, Green Belt preferred.
- Leader in Lean manufacturing and Visual Control implementations.
- Skilled in developing design requirements for tooling used in the support of Assembly and test of products.
- Experienced in Design for Manufacture and Assembly.
- Experienced in Ergonomic Assessments.
- Leader of Continuous Improvement and root cause problem solving activities.
- Ability to work in a multi project, team environment.
- Organizational, communication, leadership, personal computing, performance management skills.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.