Cobham is seeking a Service Technician to provide technical after sales support to Cobham SATCOM Partner/Reseller’s techs/engineers with focus on specific marine electronics product ranges. The job is based in Cobham SATCOM’s Pompano Beach office with occasional travel activities related to partner training in Americas and internal GMDSS product training in Denmark. Travel days expected not to exceed 30 days per year. Work is primarily performed during normal office hours. Occasional on-call duty may apply.
- As member of the global support team take part in ensuring compliance with First Response KPI.
- As member of the GMDSS & Tracking team provide detailed technical support to installers and service technicians via phone and ticket system. The product range comprise all GMDSS, FleetBroadband and Iridium products.
- Act as instructor in technical training classes and ad’hoc technical training of partner/reseller technical staff.
- Practical experience in installation, troubleshooting and repair of MF/HF radios.
- GMDSS equipment operation.
- Satcom knowledge, primarily L-band technologies.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) user or advanced user.
- Communicate complex technical matters verbally and in writing in the English language for native English as well as foreign techs with limited English skills.
- Experience with basic analogue and digital electronics.
- Experience with RF technology – MF/HF, VHF, UHF, L-band – knowledge at radio mechanics or higher level.
- Experience with IT/IP skills at basic IP network operator/supporter level.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Team player.
- Patience with customers in respect to language issues, technical understanding etc.
- Flexible with regards to working time.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham