Cobham Wireless are looking for a HR Advisor This position is to provide HR support to specific functions and projects across the Wireless Business Unit, working with the HRBP and Business Unit leadership teams to ensure operational HR is delivered effectively. To implement HR Strategy, Policy and Process in specific functions in respect of Resourcing, Absence Management, Performance, Induction, Management Information, Development and Reward and Recognition.
About Cobham Wireless
Cobham Wireless develops, manufactures and sells DAS (Distributive Antenna Systems) solutions and digital repeaters to the cellular and public safety worldwide markets.
The UK Engineering team focuses mainly on patented DAS and digital repeater solutions.
The R&D team in the UK consist of circa 20 system architecture, hardware, software and firmware, and mechanical engineers and programmers developing the next generation DAS and digital repeaters including on–board train repeaters.
The engineering team provides engineering support to the outsourced production lines.
Technology includes: RF, digital, software and mechanical design and development, cellular and public safety technologies, wireless system engineering, providing cellular and public safety standards and certification processes.
This role is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
As HR Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Business-related degree or relevant experience.
- CIPD qualified/part-qualified or willingness to study.
- Broad generalist advisory experience in all areas of HR.
- Fully conversant with the full suite of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Flexible, approachable and a team-player with a high level of initiative and drive.
As HR Advisor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Participate as a key member of the Wireless Business Unit HR Team, to support all people-related complexities around Cobham’s strategic objectives to drive growth.
- To oversee and authorise the preparation and issue of appropriate documentation in relation to appointments, exits and variations of employment, including accurate notification to Payroll and benefit providers.
- Maintain all training, learning and development records and be an administrator of the online Performance Management system.
- Assist with the delivery of the Performance Management process and associated activities within the established system to ensure consistency.
- Produce, maintain and distribute statistical and management information using the relevant reporting tool in support of the HRBPs and VP of HR.
- Manage routine Employee Relations casework for relevant functions including grievance, disciplinary, performance, absence and TUPE, advising and escalating where appropriate.
- Support change management processes, acting as a change agent to support and facilitate the desired change.
- Manage staff relationships effectively, promptly responding to HR queries and managing expectations.
- Support the HRBP to meet relevant Resourcing requirements.
- Actively engage on critical resource requirements including engagement in the Cobham early career and high potential pipeline programmes (e.g. apprentice and graduate programmes).
- Support the HRBP to ensure that continuous improvement methodology is applied to HR policy, process and operational deliverables.
- Facilitate the deployment of Cobham wide engagement processes, e.g. Sir Alan Cobham awards, employee engagement survey etc.
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of HR Governance throughout specific functions.
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page