As a part of Cobham Mission Systems we are looking for a Senior Commercial Officer who will report to the Commercial and Contracts Manager, supporting the Commercial Team in both proposal preparation and contract management working closely with other business functions including Business Development, Customer Support and technical business functions. The salary for these roles is competitive depending on experience & current package. Role is open to any industry sector but UK MoD & US DoD contracts knowledge would be an advantage
This position is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
About Cobham Mission Systems
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator with the Wimborne site specialising in Air-to-Air Refuelling and Weapons Carriage and Release System applications. Current and future technologies are at the forefront of the business and Manufacturing Engineering are continually looking at new processes, methodologies and technology to provide advantages within a highly competitive aerospace industry
Cobham Mission Systems are based in Wimborne, Dorset and is a modern facility which offers an open plan working environment. Cobham employees can expect to benefit from;
· Free onsite parking
· Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
· On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, child care vouchers, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
· Share incentive schemes
· Flexible working hours
· Discounted Cobham Sports and Social Club membership
· A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
As Senior Commercial Officer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Degree or equivalent experience in law/business
• Broad contract law knowledge
• Experience of managing and advising on commercial and business risk
• Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgements about the overall impact on the business and people, including potential threats
• International commercial awareness highly desirable
• Role is open to any industry sector but UK MoD & US DoD contracts knowledge would be an advantage
As Senior Commercial Officer your main responsibilities will involve:
• Supporting or leading bid preparation activities and ensuring proposals are submitted on time.
• Acting as prime commercial contact with customers / potential customers and maintaining positive customer relations.
• Organising and leading internal governance reviews to submit customer proposals for Bid Approval Committee review.
• The preparation of all commercial aspects of complex proposals.
• The negotiation of contracts and agreements including complex terms and conditions of sale.
• Providing commercial support to other functions within the organisation.
• Maximising margins and ensuring the company’s position is protected in terms of legalities and liabilities
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page