Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Procurement Manager to ensure the effective procurement of materials, components, major work packages and services for the site or Business Unit. Focussed within the MTP/Mechanical commodity, you will also be responsible, working alongside our commercial team, for negotiation/ re-negotiation of key supplier contracts.
This position is based in Wimborne, Dorset and will require occasional travel to UK and European suppliers (approx. one week in every six)
As a Procurement Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Experience as a Procurement Manager within a complex manufacturing organisation (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
· Demonstrable experience of influencing and negotiating tactical, strategic and commercial activities
· Supplier contract negotiation
· Supplier relationship management
· Technical knowledge of commodity management
· Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
· MCIPs or APICS certification preferred
As a Procurement Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
· Managing the end to end supply chain relationship with a specified group of vendors to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability for the Business Unit
· Undertake sourcing/selection processes in line with policy for allocated work packages
· Undertake supplier relationship management tasking for allocated supply base i.e. business reviews, tactical improvement initiatives, supplier development etc.
· Work with buyers to ensure all purchase orders are issued IAW RTO/MRP demand
· Ensure all MRP exception message are executed in line with requirements
· Review MRP requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements
· Manage the communication of all engineering changes, & schedule changes
· Ownership of all supply master data and procurement elements of plan for every part.
· Monitor delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to need.
· Applying SOF principles to build and manage effective supplier management processes and strong supplier relationships and partnerships
· Undertake commodity analysis to develop new and alternative sources of supply
· Create and maintain both market and supplier profiles for all nominated suppliers within the commodity
· Continually monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers
· Manage the QCD performance of allocated vendors
· Manage day to day procurement activities including internal/ vendor communications, schedule, delivery and commercial terms including any price variation
· Deploy responsible supply chain management practices in accordance with company policy including risk registers, heat maps and any required corrective actions.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page