Cobham is seeking a CNC Machinist – 2nd Shift that will set up and operate CNC machine tools, checking processed work against job specifications. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Inspects own parts and obtains first article approval when required.
- Performs all common types of machining including turning, drilling, boring, facing, forming, reaming, tapping, threading, knurling, slotting, burnishing, chamfering, and deburring.
- Obtains information on job requirements from a variety of readouts and presentations including blueprints, analysis sheets, sketches, written and oral instructions, to produce quality products.
- Sets up and operates associated manual machines (drill press, milling machine, saw, etc.) as required.
- Performs routine machine maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 2+ years of experience with setup and operation of CNC Mills and Lathe Machines.
- 2+ years of experience with operating Mazak and Mazatrol controlled machines.
- 2 + years of experience with CNC programming and processes.
- 2 + years experience reading, interpreting, and evaluating a variety of readouts and presentations including blueprints, analysis sheets, sketches, written instructions, etc., in order to obtain job specifications.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham