Cobham is seeking a Contract Administrator II. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Reviews, red-lines and negotiates customer terms and conditions to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Assists in contract negotiations with customers to work out contract details to assure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Audits company sales orders for sales and contract compliance.
- Reviews sales orders to ensure proper flow downs to other business unit functions.
- Develops relationships with internal and external customers.
- Prepares contract briefs to assure proper interpretation of the contract(s).
- Acts as liaison with customers concerning all matters pertaining to the detail and documentation of the contract.
- Monitors program progress to verify compliance with design specifications, legal requirements and other commitments.
- Performs contract closeouts.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years’ experience working with commercial terms and conditions.
- 2+ years’ experience working with FAR and DFARs.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, International Business preferred.
- Juris Doctorate Degree.
- 2+ years’ experience working in commercial aerospace.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.