· Hand soldering and mechanical assembly
· Use of a microscope while performing soldering work for extended periods
· Micro soldering Integrated Circuit (IC) chips and other SMT components using hand-soldering irons and hot air reflow equipment
· Advance soldering rework skills of printed wiring boards.
· Perform SMT rework, removing and replacing SMT components without damage, while inspecting operations to ensure quality of product.
· Perform rework/repair of internal product to ensure Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) are reworked to the required customer and industry standards.
· Interact with Production Control, Quality, and Engineering on a daily basis
· Able to assemble and inspect circuit card assemblies with the aid of a microscope (training on site)
Read and comprehend complex work instructions, drawings and parts lists
· High School diploma or equivalent
- Training to industry standards (IPC, J-Std, NASA, etc) preferred
- Previous/Active certifications and experience with NASA 8739 and/or J-STD-001 Space Addendum preferred
· Hand soldering and mechanical assembly experience required
· Competent in hand-soldering techniques to be sufficient for rework and repair
· Must be able to work in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
· Must have flexibility in work hours, limited overtime may be required
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal, required
· Very good eye-hand coordination required
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.