A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
As a Lean Master reporting to the Director of Continuous Improvement for the Radar and EW Microelectronics Solutions business area, you'll have responsibility for the development and implementation of site wide lean manufacturing with the
intent to establish linkage and flow, meet customer demand at lowest cost with
perfect quality. You'll work to establish programs, practices metrics and standards
utilizing lean methodologies, analyze and recommend future state value
stream design and also identify opportunities to improve existing practices
and procedures toward true north vision. You'll lead and mentor leaders and multi-functional
teams to implement the lean manufacturing.
- Provides high-level input in the development lean
manufacturing cells across multiple sites.
- Mastery is
expected but not limited to JIT, takt, flow, pull, standard work sheet,
Jidoka, DMAIC, A3, policy deployment, Toyota production system, TPM,
continuous flow, continuous improvement, error proofing, eliminating
waste, 5 why’s, heijunka, Kanban, kaizen, linearity, pacemaker, pitch,
replenishment system, SWIP, supermarket,
standardized work, standard work combo sheet, value stream mapping, visual
- Design mixed model cells using SWCS, % load and cell standard work
- Effectively coach teams to manage for daily performance using visual controls
- Mentor using Gemba walks and lead standard work
- Coach employees
to see abnormal conditions and problem solve systematically
- Lead kaizen
events to bring work cells back to standard, or improve work cell
performance toward true north
- 11 - 13 years of progressive experience in operational roles to include 5+ years of Lean leadership
- Bachelors or Masters degree in business or a technical field
- US Citizenship required to maintain/obtain Security Clearance eligibility
Preferred Qualifications and Success Factors
- Lean master, lean practitioner, or Master Black Belt Certification
- Auto or electronics industry manufacturing experience
- Toyota Production System (TPS) familiarity
- Mastery level knowledge of both current and emerging lean tools and principles allows for key advisor status.
- Front line experience and understand lean philosophy from the worker perspective
- Ability to coach and mentor with a narrow and deep focus
- Ability to align vision and plans to see the whole and adapt as needed
- Effectively develop future leaders while showing deep respect
- Develop teams to work together in structured problem solving
- Remain positive and develop yourself when challenges occur
- Models a culture to sustain and improve performance
- Hands on Leader and strong leadership skills
- Lean master, lean practitioner,
master black belt Certification, preferred
- Problem complexity: Contributes to
strategy deployment and precedent setting ideas and solutions. Proactively
identifies and resolves problems that often impact multiple work cells across
value streams and functional departments.
- Organizational impact: Errors in
judgment on Lean implementation can impact short-term critical goals of
the entire business. Contributes expertise to large, company-wide or
multi-functional projects of strategic importance to the business as a
- Personal autonomy: Establishes
cell design, inventory policy and standard cell standard work for others
to follow. Generally operates in a single stand-alone role within a value
stream where work is reviewed in a consultation rather than
- People Management: Provides input
to people management leaders on lower level professional's strengths and
areas for improvement and will develop their personal development
objectives in lean cells.
skills: ability to read,
analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively, present
information, and respond to questions from group of clients, customers,
the general public and management at all levels; ability to communicate
with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and
encourages innovation and possibilities
- Computer skills: high-level of spreadsheet utilization skills; exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Outlook, Fastlook and Anzio; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP
Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to
changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong
planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task within tight
time constraints; Adaptable in a fast paced manufacturing environment with
proven ability to support organizational effectiveness that is rapid
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.