Work in a fast-paced environment to support state-of-the-art microwave subsystems for use in high reliability military applications. Primary responsibilities will include manufacturing support, defect analysis, and assisting mechanical engineers on related tasks. Other responsibilities include fixture design, defect material dispositioning, production ECO assistance, and vendor interaction.
· Primary responsibilities
o Work on multidisciplinary teams to sustain mechanical related tasks for electromechanical systems used in military applications
o Support manufacturing lines with day-to-day support as required
o Dispositioning final mechanical failures and mechanical piece part defects
o Analyze defects to determine root cause and recommend corrective action
· Secondary responsibilities
o Develop and design tooling and fixtures
o Support testing activities to verify design integrity
o Prepare and present information to internal and external customers
o Generate detailed layout models utilizing SolidWorks and DraftSight and create fabrication drawings and other documentation
· BSME or equivalent engineering degree
· 1 – 2 years minimum of machine shop processes and other metal fabricating processes
· Candidate must have great communication skills, both written and oral and must be able to coordinate efforts and work closely with a wide variety of groups within the business
· US citizenship and the ability to apply for and obtain a DOD security clearance
· Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience in a defense related industry
· Basic experience interacting with machine shops, plate shops and related fabrication vendors
· Intermediate experience with 3D modeling software (preferably SolidWorks) and a 2D CAD package such as DraftSight or AutoCAD
· Experience with RF interconnects and connectors, cables, and related hardware
· Proficient knowledge with GD&T and ability to review and interpret drawings
· Some experience with an enterprise wide PLM system such as Agile or equivalent
· Knowledge of FRACAS/Root Cause Analysis techniques
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.