Performs independent design and layout tasks for moderate to highly complex integrated microwave assemblies (IMA). Draws and revises detailed fabrication, assembly and installation drawings from layouts, and engineering change order. Uses established company design guidelines and industry standards utilizing computer-aided design tools such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks and PADS. Adheres to established engineering drafting practices. Contributes to design modifications to improve the quality of products or to facilitate manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
· Generate layouts and drawings from engineering inputs (schematics, block diagrams, flow charts).
· Incorporate engineering change orders to designs, including hybrid designs, using PADS, AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
· Recommend selection of component hardware, printed circuit board material, tooling and metal.
· Prepare parts lists and enter parts list data into PLM systems.
· Interface with Engineering to define mechanical assembly approaches for manufacturing and production.
· Understand and support basic engineering calculations for line impedance, temperature rise and voltage drop in RF and DC circuits.
· Actively comply with all company safety policies and practices.
· Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
· Collaborate in team meetings and activities.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Good working knowledge of:
· The ability to follow established guidelines on work performed.
· The ability to communicate and interact with senior engineers and designers.
· The ability to remain engaged, proactive and positive regardless of circumstances.
· To be fully accountable to all job assignments.
· The ability to work independently and as part of a larger engineering team
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.
· Eight (8) or more years of related experience designing high frequency products that utilize multilayer mixed mode SMT along with chip and wire (MIC) design approaches.
· An Associate’s degree in Drafting or equivalent experience in schematics and electro-mechanical design.
· May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance which requires US citizenship
· A strong knowledge of electronics packaging. Knowledge of MIC (Microwave Integrated Circuit) design, packaging and processes is a plus.
· An understanding of metal fabrication, electronics assembly and electronics manufacturing flow.
· Expertise in dimensioning and tolerancing. A strong working knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
· A comprehensive knowledge of the IPC (Institute for Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits) 2220 series of standards associated with CCA and PCB design.
· The ability to review and compare engineering inputs and drawings to identify inconsistencies and determine when corrections as needed.
· The ability to use computer-aided design software suites including AutoCAD, SolidWorks and PADS.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· IPC CID or SolidWorks CSWA
· Knowledge of MIC (Microwave Integrated Circuit) design, packaging and processes
· Experience in microwave or millimeter wave electronics packaging design
· Experience with mixed mode, multi-layer PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design.
· SAP ERP and Oracle Agile PLM experience is a plus
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.