Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Plan, design, develop and integrate automated test software for RF/Microwave products; develop test tools using databases, control systems and algorithms; collaborate with Design Engineers on the specifications and procedures for new products; plan the labor, schedules and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices; troubleshoots systems and equipment, prepare software test and diagnostic programs; performs work of high complexity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Responsible for creating test and measurement applications automating Radio Frequency (RF)/Microwave production testing; identifying the best equipment and test methods.
2. Coordinate software test activities between stakeholders typically engineering, program management and operations.
3. Develop software tools to automate design activities including test software and device drivers.
4. Create Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) that simplify the testing process for operators.
5. Design, code, integrate, troubleshoot and validate test modules and applications.
6. Develop test specifications for required device performance.
7. Develop documents and presentations that span the software design lifecycle.
8. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
9. Improve and maintain 5S in the work area; make suggestions for improvements.
11. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities within work and other areas to enhance cross-functional problem-solving.
10. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Performs work of diverse scope; follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data; interacts with internal customers.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a software programmer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering (BSEE), Computer Science or a related field
- Will be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Three (3) years’ experience in software design architecture, test support with RF or Microwave components, demonstrating proficiency in C/C++ programming while using National Instruments LabWindows/CVI development environment.
- Active DoD Clearance
- Working knowledge and experience developing and deploying test applications using National Instruments (NI) TestStand.
- Solid understanding of interfacing applications on different operating systems, especially between Linux and Windows.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.