Summary: The Systems Administrator III is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of the Information Systems (IS) technical infrastructure to ensure efficient and cost effective delivery of services to users. This position will be responsible for on-going maintenance and management of network, servers, firewall and related hardware and software that secures the organization's network, analyzing and troubleshooting problems and monitoring for potential network security problems or incidents under the supervision of the Information System Security, Senior Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
· Provide top tier support administering and troubleshooting the core network services, i.e. DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP/S, SMB, NTLM, LDAP, PKI, SQL, Exchange and Active Directory infrastructure.
· Write and maintain scripts to automate and troubleshoot systems as necessary.
· Participate in the design and/or review of all relevant applications and infrastructure ensuring that vendor best practices and company policies are implemented and enforced.
· Configure server, storage, and virtualization infrastructure for optimal performance in a hyper-converged environment and produce documentation of all infrastructure.
· Coordinate service/support needs between vendor account teams, vendor technical support, and internal IT teams from escalation to resolution. These efforts may extend beyond the course of the normal work schedule depending upon severity.
· Day to day support, monitoring and maintenance of network and security systems, review of performance parameters of infrastructure components including Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and IPS security logs
· Administer, configure, manage, and troubleshoot a Microsoft Virtual Server environment to include providing a complete backup solution.
· Administering, configuring, managing Cisco network devices, switches, and SQL database in a live production environment.
· Build and maintain the network security infrastructure, monitor and suggest improvements to all areas of network and security; configure and document an audit reduction tool (SPLUNK).
· Implement technical solutions (group policies, scripts, software, etc.) for computer systems in order to comply with all National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) requirements and ensure the network is compliant with the applicable STIGs.
· Assist in Security IT projects as necessary.
· Partner with different departments and vendors to identify and resolve issues.
· Applies current computer science technologies to the development, evaluation, and integration of computer systems and networks to maintain system security for information systems and ensure network is working properly.
· This position reports to the Site Facility Security Officer (FSO) and if applicable the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) on all information systems security matters and liaison to the local Defense Counter intelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), Information Systems Security Professional (ISSP) on all matters pertaining to classified information systems.
· The candidate will assist in conducting periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure NISP and DAAPM compliance; accurately reports security posture to site, group and corporate leadership and providing training to employees as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or 5-7 years of applicable Network Administrator experience
· IT (Windows, Linux) and/or security related certifications (Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.) is required.
· Minimum of five (5) years Windows Server System Administration experience supporting multiple servers in a diverse client/server computing environment
· Clearance Eligible; must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Linux (Red Hat) computer systems administration
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Microsoft Development Toolkit and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) administration and management
· Minimum of five (5) years of Hands-on experience with at least four of the following, and working knowledge of all the others: o Building, supporting, and maintaining Windows 2012/2016 servers.
o Group Policy integration including the ability to filter based upon inheritance, security groups and WMI filtering. o PKI certificate manual and auto enrollment, troubleshooting.
o Scripting or programming experience in support of Windows systems. (WMI, VBScript, Powershell, etc.).
o Virtualization – VMware ESX 6.0 and higher preferred - Installation, management and backup of virtual environments in a highly available multi-site environment
o Backup technologies – BackupExec.
- Experience with security configurations across multiple operating systems in various environments, to include Windows, Linux, utilizing Active Directory/Group Policy, etc. is required.
- Thorough knowledge of file system security including NTFS permissions and encryption.
- Candidate must demonstrate experience interpreting and applying government security regulations such as NISPOM, STIGs to information systems while performing basic troubleshooting methods, risk management, and information system security principles on a routine basis.
- Strong organization skills, with a self-starter mentality, and excellent communication with team members at all levels in a fast paced environment highly desired.
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.