Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is seeking a Production Supervisor. This position supervises a production unit where the skill sets of the production and support staff is diverse in nature. This position will oversee the work activities associated with meeting production goals, quality and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and reviews capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor costs. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Directs plans and organizes workloads by estimating scheduling, distributing and controlling work assignments to provide for a smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks to achieve economical and efficient utilization of personnel and facilities.
• Interfaces with appropriate support personnel (Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Control, Material Control, and Quality Assurance) in the investigation of production problems encountered in meeting schedule requirements and/or quality standards. Identifies contributing causes and initiates corrective actions.
• Coordinates the Quality, Reliability, Design, and Production Engineering or other pertinent departments when any unusual trends or test failures show a pattern indicating a potential component or design deficiency.
• Establishes lines of communication between other supervisors, determines the area of responsibility and follows up to assure assignments are completed in accordance with procedures and instructions.
• Analyzes and reviews those problem areas that have been identified by monitoring squawk sheets and inspection reports and ensures that proper action has been taken to correct the unfavorable occurrence.
• Coordinates with Test Equipment Maintenance and Support the scheduling of preventive maintenance and calibration to avoid schedule conflicts.
• Assists the functional manager in recommending to Test Engineering section layout revision, procurement of new test equipment and initiating orders for accessories to provide for appropriate physical conditions.
• Oversees the compliance by Test personnel in filling out data sheets relative to assemblies and/or systems tested.
• Maintains and improves customer satisfaction by establishing and promoting an overall continuous improvement plan in all areas.
• Monitors expense budgets issued monthly and takes corrective action when required.
• Instructs and develops qualified personnel ensuring proper certification to specification requirements. Prepares and discusses performance appraisals and initiates recommendations for employee transactions (i.e., rate changes, reclassifications, etc.). Interviews job applicants and recommends hiring.
• Oversees appropriate compliance with all safety and health regulations stated by internal company policy and Federal, State and Local applicable standards.
• Implements Company policy of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity.
• Interprets and implements Company policies, standard practices and security requirements.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 0-2 years of people management experience
• 2 years working in a manufacturing environment focusing on production in assembly and test
• Advanced PC Skills
• 2 years’ experience working in manufacturing with a focus on medium to large scale production environments
• Experience working in Defense contracting or similar industry
• Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams – preferably in Engineering, Quality, Test, Planning, and Production Control.
• Big Picture focus with ability to conduct root cause analysis for problem solving
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.