Thin Film Operator
Our San Jose team develops advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for defense and government customers. To meet our customers’ requirements, the Thin Film manufacturing team plays a critical roles in our success.
· Do cleaning and deburring of thin film substrates. Deburring includes using a knife and sand paper to remove material. All work is done under a microscope.
· Do sanding of substrates on lapping wheels and by hand sanding.
· As a backup, do laser drilling of substrates or other tasks based on supervisor request.
· Use tweezers and hand tools to process parts.
· Must be able to understand assembly drawings, written and oral work instructions.
· Need to be able to do basic math and apply it to specifications.
· Must be detail oriented and able to communicate when a part does not meet specifications.
· Need to maintain record logs, filling out operation sheets and input data into database.
· Day shift position (hours 5am to 1:30pm).
· Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
· 1 (one) plus years manufacturing related experience that involved using a microscope.
· This position requires US Citizenship or proof of ability to work in US.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and participate in problem solving when process and assembly problems arise.
- Experience using hand tools such as knives or tweezers is a plus.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.