A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Director of
Quality in Lansdale, PA. Reports directly to the Electronic Warfare and
Integrated Solutions Business Area Vice President and General Manager of the
Cobham Lansdale business and is a member of the leadership team, executing the
business strategy, developing strong customer relationships and driving
- Responsible for Customer quality and
responsiveness, Downstream Product Quality and Parts, Materials &
- Provides leadership to all aspects of Quality from the
perspective of customers, internal resources and supply base
- Establishes and maintains ISO 9001/AS9100 compliant
QMS. Maintains effective QMS processes, communicates results of QMS
performance and assures pursuit of customer satisfaction throughout the
- Maintain a compliant quality assurance system that
meets international quality standards and government
requirements/standards for compliant hybrids for military applications
- Ensure the quality of product shipped meets customer
requirements including; specifications, performance, etc.
- Support Operations, Supply Chain and other internal
customers with Quality KPIs, data and analysis to drive corrective actions
- Provide Quality KPIs, data, analysis by customer to
support Program Managers/Operations managers in driving customer
- Drive efforts to manage and improve supplier
performance from a quality of product received
Downstream Product Engineering,
Parts, Materials & Processes:
- Provide key support to the entire span of the New
Product Introduction process (NPI) through feedback to design on product
producability, Develop and lead action plans to mitigate these risks to
protect project execution and parts, materials and process support during
NPI for all products.
- Identify, present and execute plans to develop new
process technologies or product attributes in order to provide needed
capabilities in advance of design use
- Problem-solving and corrective actions on routine
- Identify and deliver capital projects as required to
maintain or improve production capability and capacity
- Provide technical support to the Product Engineering
and PM&P groups as required to assist in development or transition activities
- Safety, Health & Environmental: support the Site,
Division and Corporate goals related to SHE
- Insure policies, practices and processes are in place
to insure compliance with all government, regulatory agency, corporate and
- Actively participates in site leadership team focused
on setting and executing overall business strategy and fostering an
- Managing human resources: Having the right people
in the right roles, Insuring performance management is practiced
effectively by their teams, Insure that staffing and development plans
support succession plans and protects against impacts of turnover
- Managing capital assets: Insuring that capital supports
required capacity, Build, direct and retain a team responsible for the
assuring the quality, manufacturability of components and subsystems for the
- Managing financial assets: Develop budget, Establish
controls to insure budget compliance, Support new product bid and proposal
efforts for the sites
Travel of 10% expected.
- Bachelors degree in business or a technical field
- 10+ years of direct ownership of Quality functions
- 10+ years of people management experience
- Expertise in Lean Six Sigma methodologies as described under the responsibilities
- 5+ years of DoD industry experience
- US Citizenship required for eligibility to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and
proven analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills with experience presenting to
and interacting with senior and executive leadership teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to
influence, communicate, motivate and persuade; leading multi-functional
teams in problem solving
- Goal oriented with the ability to balance tasks and
team/individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Proven leader and utilizes coaching style that has
effectively built high performance teams
- Active DoD Secret level Clearance preferred
Key Leadership Competencies:
- An authentic and believable leader who communicates
with conviction and humility and is able to engender trust throughout the
- A natural communicator and influencer, using such
strengths in often difficult and complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiasm for building high-performing teams.
- An approachable, hands-on and “roll up the sleeves”
management style with attention to detail. Keen business judgement
with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight.
- A willingness to be out among the employees and the
customers listening to their ideas and concerns while gaining their trust
- A communication style which instills confidence.
- An entrepreneurial orientation, yet with the skills and
savvy to work within the existing company culture and help to evolve into
the desired culture.
- Flexibility and problem-solving capabilities
- High energy level and strong action orientation.
- An authentic and believable
leader who communicates with conviction and humility and is able to
engender trust throughout the organization.
- A natural communicator and
influencer, using such strengths in often difficult and complex
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiasm for building
- An approachable, hands-on and
“roll up the sleeves” management style with attention to detail.
Keen business judgement with the ability to provide fresh, proactive
- A willingness to be out among the
employees and the customers listening to their ideas and concerns while
gaining their trust and support.
- A communication style which
- An entrepreneurial orientation,
yet with the skills and savvy to work within the existing company culture
and help to evolve into the desired culture.
- Flexibility and problem-solving
- High energy level and strong
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.