A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Responsible for overseeing the operations of a production cell to meet schedule requirements and customer commitments. Ensure team operational metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met. Facilitate cross-functional root cause problem solving (RCPS). Drive continuous improvement of the production line.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Supervises operators and/or technicians in the production cell. Includes participating in staff selection, performance management (including evaluation and discipline), coaching, training and employee development, and ensuring compliance to legal and company requirements.
2. Actively develops a high performance team with the skills needed to conduct effective performance dialogues and RCPS.
3. Assigns work, using Heijunka board or production schedule provided by planner.
4. Conducts process confirmations to ensure standard work processes are being followed. Identifies and addresses non-compliance, looking for continuous improvement opportunities. Ensures all operational processes are carried out in accordance with quality systems and procedures.
5. Ensures 5S practices are adhered to and sustained within work area and ensures that Safety, Health and Environmental compliance is included as part of everyday activities.
6. Ensures that KPI and other visual management boards are maintained for the manufacturing cell. Reacts to metrics, implementing processes to improve metrics. Facilitates activities to develop and implement visual signals for the value stream cell.
7. Encourages employee participation through facilitating performance dialogues and encouraging employees to elevate issues, identify root cause using 5 Whys or other tools, make suggestions and take corrective actions.
8. Identifies problems, such as part shortages or process issues, and facilitates resolution or elevates the problem/issue to manager
9. Identifies opportunities to eliminate waste, makes suggestions and participates in continuous improvement activities.
10. Provides training or facilitates training as required to meet training/cross training needs and recertification requirements.
11. Interfaces with other departments to provide feedback and gain information needed to support success of work area.
12. Upon completion of RCPS training, must develop and demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: problem identification, data collection to clarify a problem, identifying point of cause, identifying and implementing containment actions, facilitating brainstorming sessions, creating action plans, identifying and optimizing solutions to problems, verifying solutions eliminate root cause, standardizing solutions and communicating changes; use of problem solving worksheets (A3), check sheets, cause and effect diagrams, Pareto diagrams.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
• Five (5) years of progressive manufacturing experience, including demonstrated leadership experience.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Associates degree in related discipline preferred.
• Ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to effectively and efficiently multi-task;
• Experience working in operations, manufacturing or test production is ideal.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.