A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Reporting to the Senior Director of
Operations for the Electronic Warfare and Integrated Solutions Business Area
(BA), this role will coordinate production planning, purchasing,
warehousing, distribution, and efforts to limit costs and improve accuracy,
customer service, quality and safety as well as direct the
movement/storage/processing of inventory. Additionally, this person will examine
existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet
Government Regulation like Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense
Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), Registrar, as well as
customer and internal needs and requirements. This person will share
responsibility for preparing the Supply Chain Function for Quality or DCMA
audits (i.e. CPSR, AS9100 etc.)
- Lead the Master Scheduler, Program Planners and Supply
Chain Planners to develop accurate demand and develop supply plans that
ensure availability of materials and products to achieve On-Time delivery
to our customers
- Develop and implement forecasts for inventory
levels,increase inventory turns and develop strategies and action plans to
achieve material budgets and improve cash performance in the business
- Understanding of networking capital and the impact that
inventory timing has on cash
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison,
or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain
management with other functional areas, such as business development,
engineering, finance, production, or quality assurance
- Analyze information about supplier performance or
procurement program success including On-Time delivery, Supplier Quality
- Design or implement supply chains that support business
strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business
opportunities, or cost reduction strategies
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs
and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for
production materials or finished products
- Lead, manage and oversee sourcing and procurement
initiatives related to New Product Development to support successful
product market introductions
- Lead and development and implementation of appropriate
initiatives i.e. LEAN manufacturing, demand-pull, continuous flow
- Responsible to develop a high performance teams
including interviewing, hiring and training employees. Planning, assigning
and directing work and appraising performance and resolving problems.
Travel of up to 25% expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field
- 10-12 years of supply chain experience, to include 3-5
years’ experience in FAR/DFARS
- 10-12 years of experience in people management or 6-8
years in people management with a Graduate Degree
- US Citizenship required in order to maintain/obtain
- Six sigma certification, or experience leading a
lean/kaizen/Six Sigma project
- Experience in Sourcing, Engineering, Quality,
Manufacturing and program management
- Experience in developing and implementing vendor
- Knowledge of quality and business systems
- Financial acumen
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning
(APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Numerically astute with strong problem-solving skills
and expertise to develop and execute objectives for self and others and
the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals
- Authentic leadership communicate style with
conviction and humility, able to engender trust throughout the
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiasm for building high-performing teams.
- An approachable, hands-on and “roll up the sleeves”
management style with attention to detail. Keen business judgement
with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight.
- A willingness to be out among the employees and the
customers listening to their ideas and concerns while gaining their trust
- An entrepreneurial orientation, yet with the skills and
savvy to work within the existing company culture and help to evolve into
the desired culture.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.