A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Reporting to the Director of Tax Accounting, we are seeking a skilled Tax
Accountant to support the corporate tax department. The main responsibilities of this position
include preparation of corporate income tax returns (Federal and state),
preparation of estimate/extension income tax payment calculations and various
other functions in the tax department.
While Eastern US locations are preferred, this role is open to candidates located near any of the CAES business sites nationwide, and has the potential to be based remotely.
- Assist with day to day, monthly and year end operations of the tax department
- Prepare proforma Federal income tax returns to be included in a large consolidated tax group
- Prepare multi-state income tax returns, including stand-alone, combined and unitary filings
- Prepare clear and concise working papersPrepare calculations used to make estimated/extension income tax payments
- Respond to income tax notices and inquiries
- Assist with income tax audits (Federal and state)
- Research complex income tax issues and develop recommendations/resolutions
- Assist in maintaining tax basis in fixed assets using BNA Fixed Assets (experience preferred but not required)
- Assist with special projects as necessary which may include (but is not limited to) transfer pricing, tax basis calculations, R&D credit, due diligence.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance, or 4 additional years of professional accounting experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of either public accounting tax experience or corporate federal and state income tax experience, to include strong familiarity with 2017 Tax Reform Act.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- CPA license
- CCH Axcess and Engagement tax compliance tool familiarity
- Experience working on a remote/dispersed team
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.