Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Plan, schedules, coordinates and tracks the flow of hardware and material throughout the manufacturing process, including fabrication, assembly, test and shipment; position controls jobs of moderate to high level complexity working on multi-level programs and/or shorter turn-around times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Generates schedules, flow sheets and other tools for the tracking of work in progress (WIP).
2. Coordinates incoming customer-supplied parts and assignments of MIT number with Program Managers, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production, Stockroom, Shipping & Receiving and coordinate customer source inspection of hardware.
3. Monitor kits through routing operations, QA inspections; issue and expedite kits, kit splits, kit scraps, kit re-generations as required; flag production problems and coordinate resolution through appropriate support and management pool.
4. Ensure the generation of pick lists, travelers, packing slips and other shipping paperwork as necessary.
5. Provide drawings, instructions and procedures to the manufacturing areas as required; maintain configuration control of production hardware; perform Traveler Change Orders (TCO)/Engineering Change Order (ECO)
6. Writes rework instructions for kit splits and routing changes.
7. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
8. Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
9. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
10. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Three (3) years of experience in production control, materials, scheduling and/or manufacturing preferably with at a minimum of three (3) years in PC or materials management
· Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word and Excel
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
· Experience in production control planning in an ERP environment and/or SAP
· Active Security Clearance
· Certified Production Inventory Control Manager (CPICM); or Certified Integrated Resource Manager (CIRM); or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), desirable.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.