Reporting to the Product Line Director for Motion Control, Cobham is
seeking a Senior Program Manager to direct all phases of programs/projects from
inception through completion, and participate in the negotiation of contract
and contract changes in support of the Integrated Space Solutions (ISS) Business Area. The Senior Program Manager will coordinate the preparation of
proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, and
financial terms/conditions of contract and act as primary customer contact for
program activities, leading program review sessions with customers in
coordination with internal team members to discuss cost, schedule, and
Key responsibilities include:
- Defines the objectives and strategies of the program, to include strategic and company objectives consistent with customer and contractual requirements.
- Develops and implements effective customer communications plans to provide timely communications, represent the Voice of Customer, build customer relationships, define customer objectives, and manage customer satisfaction.
- Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks to assure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives.Creates and maintains Baseline Schedules, Budgets, Risk and Opportunity Registers, Change Logs, ETC/EACs, manages scope, costs, and On Time delivery of portfolio
- Coordinates the program activities with cognizant support functions. Assures the optimum utilization of manpower and program resources. Assures effective management of subcontracts and execution of the program material plan.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance, evaluating the current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Implements a proactive risk management process. Assures regular team identification, mitigation planning and review of program risks, both during the program-planning phase and regularly during program execution.
- Measures and improves program performance through the investigation of improved processes, tools, staff training, facilities and team dynamics. Performs regular reviews of task estimates, challenging the team to eliminate wasteful approaches. Establishes a management reserve to provide resources for unexpected program challenges.
- Implements an effective issues resolution process.Assures regular team identification, action planning, closure and review of program issues.
- Establishes an objective road map for creating new business opportunities from the present program. Manages customer satisfaction to assure a high rate of repeated business.Participates in planning of company capital, IRAD, B&P resources.Trains program personnel to be alert to new opportunities and equips them with “state-of-the-art” skills to remain competitive.
- Bachelors degree or additional 4 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of program management experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering OR Master's degree with 4+ years of program management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project similar scheduling system
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain/maintain security clearance
- Experience managing multiple $500,000+ US Defense or Space related Design programs
- Program Management experience with Motion Control products, electronics, and Design efforts on Space products.
- Program Management experience directing production and development programs from pursuit of the opportunity, proposal, contract award, through completion.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Technical field
- Experience leading proposal teams and developing proposals, participating in negotiations of contract and contract changes, and developing/managing business plans for assigned programs.
- Strong knowledge of Us Government Program Management standards and operating procedures.
- Strong background in Program Finance, including Estimating, Forecasting, Managing cost, and achieving financial goals in Revenue, Profit, Cash, and Working Capital.
- People leadership: coach and mentor staff; ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the business; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence
- PgMP, PMP, or other program/project certification
- Eligible for DoD Clearance, or Active DoD clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.