Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Search for a company that values a friendly work environment that values YOU? Consider Cobham.
Join our highly skilled San Jose Manufacturing Engineering team supporting advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for defense and government customers. To meet our customers’ requirements, the Manufacturing Engineering team plays a critical role in our success.
Technical interface between Component Suppliers, Design and Product Engineering, Assembly, Quality Assurance and Purchasing Departments. Provide technical expertise in methods of selecting, testing and qualifying components such as Schottky diodes, PIN diodes, capacitors, resistors and a variety of MMIC amplifiers and mixers. Interact with internal customers for any component related issue either electrical, process or cost related.
• Identify, evaluate, qualify and document critical microwave material and components for both new product designs and legacy products
• Investigate alternate component suppliers and technologies to be used either for new product development and/or obsolete parts replacements.
• Support DMS (Diminishing Manufacturing Sources) efforts by investigating and locating component replacements for obsolete parts
• Develop procedures and assist microwave engineers in locating new and/or replacement materials and identification of alternative technologies; participate in design reviews if needed
• Ensure specifications and inspection standards of components used in deliverables are consistent with the applicable requirements and specifications.
• Work with the Quality Department to ensure quality and reliability requirements are met
• Support Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) department as needed with failure analysis and corrective actions related specifically to components within a subsystem
• Support Purchasing Department by finding similar parts for pricing
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of three (3) + years of experience with RF/Microwave Components or Subsystems either in a manufacturing or a design capacity.
• 3+ year’s knowledge of RF/Microwave parameters and test procedures.
• US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Preferred Job Requirements:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL PowerPoint) is essential.
• Experience with thin film and/or PCB technologies.
• Experience with development and testing of active and/or passive components.
• Knowledge of component fabrication processes used in the microwave industry.
• SPC or statistics experience or coursework.
• LEAN/Six Sigma.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.