Cobham is seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor that will be responsible for overseeing and supervising staff within production operations for building thin film substrates.
• Oversee production in the thin film substrate area to meet current production output requirements and supervise team
• Learn all production processes so you can provide daily support to the operators. Help operators get caught up on their tasks if they drop behind. Fill in when primary and secondary operators are unable to run production
• Complete required SPC/process checks to verify processes are running correctly
• Do production support tasks including filing masks, completing work order verification, organizing work orders for most efficient processing, and other tasks as identified.
• Oversee 5S, safety and other site programs within thin film
• Shift operators/set cross-training schedule to avoid bottlenecks and optimize work flow
• Check logs and other required documentation to make sure they are compliant to company requirements and being filled out correctly
• Work closely with area engineers and manager to address technical issues. Complete initial troubleshooting when defects are identified on the production line
• Disposition substrates on hold and be primary point of contact for substrate line returns from assembly
• Assist with training in the different production areas and maintain training records
• Mentor leads and work with them to support production
• Complete new hire site training including general orientation and introduction to the site.
• Lead weekly and daily production meetings
• Generate performance goals for direct reports and complete their performance reviews. In addition, may make decisions and recommendations for hiring and disciplinary actions with support of the manager
• Provide backup coverage for some production specialist tasks (shelf life checks, local documentation, dielectric measurements, etc.)
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
• Must have experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook.
• Must be able to work flexible hours. Hours will fluctuate but must overlap day & swing shift for at least 3 hrs/shift (typical hours could vary from 6am-4pm or 8am-6pm)
• High school diploma
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Experience in a wafer/substrate manufacturing is preferred. Areas of experience could include photolithography, metal deposition, laser & saw cutting, plating, and inspection
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work through employee/technical issues in a production environment
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.