A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Search for a company that values a friendly work environment that values YOU? Consider Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
Manage daily activities of Quality Engineering team. Balance workload assignment with business needs, flexing as needed to meet changing priorities. Provide team member development with basic training needs, cross-functional training and career development paths. Lead approximately 10 full time Quality Engineers/Quality professionals typically assigned to Program Management, Engineering or Manufacturing support roles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
· Plan, assign, coordinate and review the work of quality assurance inspectors and ensure adherence to established company policies and procedures or other guidelines as they relate to assigned area.
· Partner with Program Management, Engineering and Manufacturing/Operations to ensure early quality involvement, appropriate quality planning, execution of the SOW, adherence to Customer, Engineering and/or industry standards.
· Provide oversight and guidance for all site personnel using the material review and nonconformance system.
· Provide oversight and guidance for all site personnel for the AS9100D Quality Management System.
· Drive and enable effective collaboration in Corrective Action Board meetings; partake in or lead internal audits; demonstrate and teach effective root cause corrective actions, communicate a wide variety of information to internal and external customers such as status, failure analysis results.
· Partner closely with internal operations management and other teams and be the interface with the on-site customer.
· Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
· Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quality or related technical field, or the combination of education and experience, plus a minimum of 5+ years in direct people leadership in operations or quality.
- Minimum of 5+ years of AS9100D experience or industry equivalent.
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- ASQ Certification in Management, Engineering, Auditing, etc.
- Experience working with microwave systems, antennas and positioning systems.
- Demonstrate effective communications skills such as active listening; understanding and the ability to clarify requirements identified in blueprints, specs and process documents; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.