A career with CAES
is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse
projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company
that is growing and able to offer long-term professional
advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work
environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider
Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced
electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers,
innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging
problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in
spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets. CAES is
a world leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of high-reliability
integrated circuits, CCA and RAD test services, motion control and motors,
microwave and RF devices, components and subsystems for the aerospace, defense,
fixed broadband and wireless/mobile markets.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced work
environment where you can design leading edge RF and Microwave assemblies AND
see them built on the same campus, Cobham San Diego is the right company for
you! We’re looking for team members who are ready to hit the ground
running designing custom RF solutions for IRAD projects and for a wide range of
defense companies. This is an exciting time to join the team as Cobham,
and this site in particular, is poised for high growth. We offer
competitive salaries and great work-life balance (9/80 work schedule)!
Design, develop, modify and evaluate electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems; determine design approaches and parameters; analyze equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results; selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability; review vendor capability to support product development; works on complex scope of project.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Design electrical circuits, components and integrated microwave assemblies including computer/mathematical modeling, part, material and process selection and mechanical layout and packaging; perform technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications and generate cost/technical proposals.
2. Perform routine specification analysis and component design including creation of drawing package, using Cobham standard design practices and produce prototype hardware consistent with Cobham manufacturing produce-ability requirements; perform routine specification analysis for new product specifications collaborating with senior management.
3. Test, tune, debug and optimize prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing produce-ability requirements; write test procedures and/or software.
4. Mentor less experienced level engineers and actively participate in their development to Responsible Engineers; guide technicians on test, tune, debug and optimization of prototype circuits and components;
5. Partner with the organization in the scheduling of development projects, including process development, fixture design and implementation, material procurement and customer interface (design reviews); evaluate customer and support proposal generation.
6. Perform and coordinate production engineering support function such as fixtures, materials, design, process problem evaluation and solution.
7. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
8. Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
9. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
10. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Provide mentorship to less experienced Electrical Engineers and technicians;
2. Works on complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors;
3. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results;
4. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments;
5. Generate BID material in response to RFQ’s such as line ups, component selection and technical papers.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Eight (8) years of related experience in design and development of broadband integrated RF/Microwave assemblies, including the testing and measurement of components and integrated devices with knowledge of tuning, troubleshooting and modeling design circuitry; working knowledge of measuring and understanding parameter, including but not limited to S-parameters, power measurement, noise figure, intercept point, compression point, switching speed, spurious and phase noise
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or related field, including electromagnetism course and labs, required
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs such CAD or CAE
- Mastery of AutoCAD and microwave Office SW products
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust,
Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art
aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that
will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to
apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship
required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development,
delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air,
on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the
mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on
their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an
empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting
work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity
in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal
opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or
applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the
compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the
poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment
process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.