A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Design prototypes and provide sustaining engineering support for custom Radio Frequency/Microwave assemblies and sub-systems to customer specifications; serve as project engineer responsible for coordinating aspects of the project to meet technical, schedule and cost goals; support IR & D projects; generate cost and technical proposals; performs work of high complexity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Evaluate, develop, and document new circuit and/or design techniques, including writing and evaluating software.
2. Design electrical circuits, components and integrated microwave assemblies including computer/mathematical modeling, part, material and process selection and mechanical layout and packaging; perform technical analysis/feasibility for new product specifications and generate cost/technical proposals.
3. Perform routine specification analysis and component design including creation of drawing package, using CAES standard design practices and produce prototype hardware consistent with CAES manufacturing produce-ability requirements; perform routine specification analysis for new product specifications.
4. Test, tune, debug and optimize prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing produce-ability requirements; write test procedures and/or software.
5. Guide technicians on test, tune, debug and optimization of prototype circuits and components.
6. Partner with the organization in the scheduling of development projects, including process development, fixture design and implementation, material procurement and customer interface (design reviews); evaluate customer specifications and support proposal generation.
7. Perform and coordinate production engineering support function such as fixtures, materials, design, process problem evaluation and solution.
8. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
9. Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
10. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
11. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
· Five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience in designing, testing and troubleshooting RF/Microwave sub-systems integrated microwave assemblies and components, including circuit analysis tools such as MWO or ADS with HFSS, Ansoft Designer and/or Sonnet, preferred; working knowledge of component design to include amplifiers, filters, misers, oscillators and switches consisting of using test equipment to measure S-parameters, noise figure, intercept point, compression point, switching speed, spurious and phase noise.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or related field, including electromagnetism and labs courses
· May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs such CAD or CAE
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.