Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES) has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer – Additive Manufacturing in their Exeter NH location. Do you want to be part of implementing cutting-edge additive technology? If so, apply today join our stellar team!
• This position reports to Senior Engineering Management.
• Provides hands-on experience designing, adapting and building parts using the latest Additive Manufacturing (AM) technologies utilizing practical instruction.
• AM Engineer candidate shall have very strong understanding of AM fundamentals, understanding of applications, and implications of printing for design and manufacturing.
• The candidate shall have a strong understanding of 3D printing machines, materials, processes, operate several types of 3D printers, have knowledge of the multiple technologies such as FDM, SLA, SLS, etc.
• The candidate shall fully understand the safety protocol(s) with 3-D printers, its print media and facility controls.
• Support design activities as a “Project Lead” for Cobham value streams. Perform mechanical design by utilizing simulation software. Delegation and program management skills to be used to run projects and manage projects, inclusive of customer interactions, from review/quoting phase through customer delivery.
• Regular updates to management on project status.
• Support sales, BD quotes and spec reviews of various waveguide components and assemblies.
• Assure that engineering activities are performed in accordance with AS9100 guidelines, tailored as appropriate per company procedures based on the varying complexity and risk of individual programs.
• Interface with customers and vendors via all forms of communication, ie: email, phone, face-to-face. Run peer reviews, customer reviews, Kick-off meetings, PDRs, CDRs, etc, with internal and external stakeholders.
• Assuring that design for manufacturability, design to unit production cost (DTUPC), and design for reliability are considered during all development efforts (in coordination Engineering Management).
• Author test plans, test reports, setup and running of additive manufacturing equipment. Plans/reports to include but not limited to: White Paper Write-ups, Analysis Reports, customer responses, etc.
• Support production and quality with product design, manufacturability and MRB support. Providing RF engineering expertise to operations and other functions as needed to achieve customer satisfaction, revenue, profitability, and continuous improvement objectives.
• Works independently with manager direction to determine and develop approaches to solve design and process problems. Work is reviewed upon completion to ensure that objectives have been met. May assist in orienting and training lower level employees in completing work assignments.
• Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to help determine requirements for environmental stress screening (ESS) considerations.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years' experience in new product development and engineering-to-production transition
• 2+ years’ of experience designing additive manufactured components that has transitioned to full production hardware
• 2+ years’ of mechanical modeling software such as Solid Works, Creo, etc
• 2+ years’ of experience working with various 3-D printing machines and techniques
• 2+ years’ of experience in Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
• Masters (MSc) in Advanced Materials and Additive Manufacturing
• Mechanical design experience with RF/microwave hardware components
• Experience with higher level of mechanical analysis tools such as Ansys Mechanical.
• Prior experience designing products for defense applications
• Experience with manufacturing processes including machining (CNC, EDM), aluminum dip brazing, ferrous metal torch and furnace brazing, metal fabrications and plating
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.