Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is looking for a senior level engineer to support a new additive manufacturing production capability in their Exeter, NH location.
In this position, the additive manufacturing engineer will be responsible for:
• Design support, analysis, optimization, operations, maintenance oversight and troubleshooting of additive manufacturing solutions for use in advanced communication solutions in the defense and aerospace industries.
• The position will specifically work with direct laser sintering of metal components.
• Metallurgical and material science understanding is ideal with regards to designing and producing components which meet material specification as well as the material testing required to validate and qualify components produced through laser sintering operations.
• B.S. in mechanical engineering, material science or technical field
• 5+ years of general engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with additive manufacturing
• Must be able to prove US Citizenship
• The applicant is expected to have experience with additive manufacturing production with specific experience with laser sintering, printing optimization and familiar with MRP systems
• Able to work in a team environment
• Communicates clearly verbally and in writing
• Completes work/tasks on time
• Analysis of laser sintered components
• The applicant should have experience with CAD for printed components and the interface with CAD/CAM production software
• FEA or other structural and thermal analysis tools for predictive analysis of components
• The applicant’s experience should be extensive enough to support design engineering with regards to optimizing designs to utilize the unique solutions offered through additive manufacturing over traditional manufacturing methodologies
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.