A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
Cobham Advanced Electronics Solutions is seeking a Technical Director – Digital Architectures and Implementation to work on challenging programs in support of advanced electronic sub-systems for Radar, Electronic Warfare, and Missile applications ranging from MHz to 40 GHz. This role will be integral to shaping our technical approach to increased digital content of our products across CAES. This person will work with customers and cross-functional teams consisting of development, test and integration engineers across several CAES business areas and locations. This role can be based in either San Diego CA, San Jose CA, Lansdale PA, Exeter NH, or Colorado Springs, CO. MUST be able to travel a minimum of 30% per year.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to architect, develop, implement, and integrate digital functions and sub-systems in CAES’ products. The candidate will lead and perform requirements specification, digital design, simulation, design validation, system integration testing, and transition to production. The candidate should have successfully implemented designs in fielded systems, and constructed test and integration plans.
• Define functional architecture of signal path, from RF front-end interface to digital domain
• Validation of architecture through analysis and simulation with appropriate software tools
• Perform requirements analysis, trade-off studies, select optimum practical implementation
• Design of mixed signal and digital functions, implementation in hardware, firmware or software
• Sub-system modeling, integration, troubleshooting, test and analysis, performance evaluation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
Digital design – from architecture and algorithms to hardware implementation - for converting, conditioning, and processing RF waves into electronic signals and information.
• Capable of setting direction and driving a team of highly skilled engineers, with diverse RF, analog, baseband, and system experience
• Able to conceive, develop, present and sell a technology plan for digitization of RF Tx and Rx chains
• Ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware and software requirements, design the sub-system, integrate and test
• Drive hardware architecture selection, design, simulation, implementation and test of RF front-end to digital electronics and potentially photonic equipment, with ASICs, FPGAs, microprocessors
• Lead delivery of RF to digital functionality with sampling, filtering, conversion, digital signal processing functions mostly implemented digitally
• Create or use novel algorithms for RF electronics sub-system applications
• Analyze performance with simulation support, implement, validate with actual data
• Stay abreast of related state of the art hardware components and algorithmsActively participate as part of CAES’ Technical Council
• Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Physics, Computer Science and/or Mathematics, or related technical field.
• Minimum 5+ years of related experience working with engineers across multiple disciplines, such as systems, RF, analog and hardware from architecture definition to implementation.
• 10+ years’ experience in the design, test and troubleshooting of digital and mixed signal circuits.
• 10+ years of experience in digital hardware and software, including software processes and validation tools.
• 10+ years of experience in signal processing algorithms, simulation tools, programming languages, and operating systems.
• 10+ years of leading analysis, design, integration and test activities for complex electronic subsystems.
• 5+ years of formulating a complex plan, communicating steps, progress, results, issues, to colleagues, managers, and customers.
• Active Secret security clearance required or reachable within one year.
• Ideally, experience in high rate conversion for microwave signals for transmit and receive applications, and related algorithms.
• PhD of Science preferred
• Architecture, integration, and test of Electronically Steerable Arrays (ESA), Radar Systems, RF and/or digital payloads, or missile communications subsystems.
• Development of Analog/Digital interfaces and digital signal processing functionality.
• Experience in FPGA design and verification.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust,
Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art
aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that
will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to
apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship
required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development,
delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air,
on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the
mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on
their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an
empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting
work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity
in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal
opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or
applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the
compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the
poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment
process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.