Cobham is seeking a Full Time Test Engineer Specialist to support the design and test of Cobham HiRel product line. This will include micro electrics, CCAs, systems with power devices, analog multiplexers, transceivers, voltage regulators, data bus devices, MCMs, etc. This position is located in Plainview, NY.
• Provide estimates for Bids and Proposals for future opportunities. Candidate should also be able to provide accurate labor, material, and schedule estimates.
• Provide the transfer of experienced knowledge to the test engineering team. Candidate will mentor the test engineering team.
• Develop system architecture solutions for customers.
• Create a test automation roadmap, while creating ROIs for investments. Automation should include Special Test equipment design, test automation, post-processing and data analysis.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 10+ years of electro/mechanical test engineering experience including product support, test STE design reviews and Bid & Proposal estimating.
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software and/or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be US Citizen.
• 10+ years of experience selecting and specifying test equipment hardware and development of automated test operations.
• 5+ years of experience in testing to MIL-STD-38534, MIL-STD-883 requirements.
• 5+ years of experience in test software (LabView, MATLAB, HTBasic, CVI, Test Stand).
• 5+ years of Military and Space reliability / quality product experience.
- MSEE preferred.
- Security clearance preferred.
- Experience interfacing with customers.
- Familiarity with thermal chambers, vacuum chambers, and/or vibration testing experience.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.