Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Government/Customer Property Administrator performs activities associated with the control of government property assigned to the REMS San Diego, California. Primary responsibility will be to conduct inventories, maintain records and coordinate the preparation of government reports.
Administers property control program activities to ensure continual accountability of government, associate contractor, or company property in accordance with applicable government regulations or corporate policy.
• Maintains property accountability records and coordinates activities relative to the disposition of government property. Conducts property audits; provides guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability; develops, recommends, and implements property administration policy.
• Develops and administers system and procedures to track, monitor and control the status and usage of government property.
• Develops and enforce procedures for receipt and issue of materials and equipment.
• Prepares a variety of government required reports and represents company during audits
• Maintains effective relationships with Accounting, Procurement, Operations, Contracts and Program Management to ensure accuracy of records and material availability in support of scheduled production
• Implements system and process improvements to organizational systems and practices
• 3 years’ experience working with FAR and DFARs
• Proficient in Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Manage Inventory database
• Work experience in government property accounting
• Strong written and verbal communication skills related to customer interaction, strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
• Display exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
• Experience working with commercial applications
• In order to meet the minimum requirements for this role, you must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
• Secret Clearance or ability to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
• Knowledge of government programs, policies, work methods and manuals with particular emphasis on FAR 52.245-1
• Work experience in government property accounting
• Experience working directly with DCAA and DCMA during government property audits
• Experience managing customer and government property
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and 3 years of related experience –in aerospace, defense or manufacturing industry OR equivalent combination of education and experience such as Associate’s degree and 5 years of related experience – preferably in aerospace, defense or manufacturing industry.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobham.com let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.