A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
The Senior Buyer
is responsible for purchasing all types of
materials, equipment, supplies, and commodity products for delivery
at specified time and location. They will also forecasts
requirements, issues periodic reports on trends, and negotiate
pricing, discounts, and contracts. This incumbent will also obtain
materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with
considerations of quality and reliability and urgency of need. They
will be study market trends, interviews vendors, and recommends
sources of supply as well as analyze quotations received, selects or
recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries. They will also be
responsible for supervising preparation of orders and follows up to
expedite delivery and shipment. They will obtain certifications of
delivery and conduct checks against orders. They may perform
production/materials planning and scheduling activities in support
of the production process as well as check and approve invoices for
- Reviews and edits purchase requisitions and/or bids for
negotiating and awarding Purchase Orders of a variety of items
to ensure complete and accurate information, as well as
appropriate approvals have been obtained.
- Interfaces with technical and management personnel regarding
possible changes in material, quantity, quality or delivery
schedules that may result in cost savings.
- Requests and analyzes quotes to ensure reasonable price and
those items meet Company design and specification.
- Prepares purchase orders and arranges for blueprints,
specifications, material and tooling to be forwarded to
- Works with technical personnel in the design stages, and the
- Assists in the selection of the most economical proposal and
negotiates with the supplier in accordance with Company and
- On occasion may investigate availability of new products and
- Makes periodic visits to suppliers' facilities to become
familiar with equipment, personnel and capabilities, and assists
them when problems arise.
- Expedites material to ensure on-time delivery.
- Performs price analysis as needed.
- Assists and trains new Buyers in performing purchasing
- Attends conferences between supplier personnel and other
- High school diploma
- 4+ years of purchasing experience to include direct material purchasing and an in depth understanding of manufacturing/machining industry practices
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain/maintain security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or any other technical field field
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Experience in defense or government contracting industry
- Experience in procuring services as well as materials
- Oracle or other ERP system proficiency
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.Employment Transparency:
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.