A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Quality Assistant II
- Review of various Quality, Test, and Manufacturing forms and
documentation for accuracy and completeness before customer
submission and internal filing.
- Read and assist in interpreting customer requirements and
specification documents. This is performed during the creation
of the QA400. The QA400 is developed by the QE and Quality
Coordinator, and is derived from the contract ‘flowdown’
(Contract, PO, SOW, etc.)
- Review compiled documents from the build process for
completeness and accuracy prior to creating EIDP based on the
above customer requirements and specifications.
- Process, organize, track and report non-conformance reports,
deviations/waivers and other manufacturing documentation.
- Review, distribute and provide final closure of NCR and
- Interface with Quality Assurance personnel and other
- Interface with customer personnel for Quality Control
- All other tasks required to achieve internal and external
- Perform routine review and recommend changes of quality
procedures to QMS Coordinator and Quality Manager.
- Perform assigned Internal and QMS Audits and report findings
to QMS Coordinator and Quality Manager.
- Input nonconformance data and assist in the development of
Quality weekly and monthly metrics.
- Attend program meetings to report status on development of
EIDP’s and Deviation Waivers.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- 5+ years inspection experience required with demonstrated
ability to work independently based upon verbal/written
procedures or instruction.
- Experience reading and working with blue prints, drawings,
Engineering Change Notices, and procedures.
- Experience working with computers, window based applications,
and Microsoft Office.
- Aerospace or defense experience
- EIDP or FAI experience
- Inspection or manufacturing experience
- Clean room procedure experience
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.