A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
- Obtain oral and/or written quotations from Suppliers; document
- Create purchase orders for accuracy and conformance with
established policies and procedures.
- Expedite purchase orders if necessary; notify department of
the expected delivery date and follow up on back orders.
- Negotiate and execute critical, complex, high-value awards;
manage price increase situations and cost improvement
initiatives with the team; drive all elements of the procurement
process with Suppliers resulting in the best value for Cobham.
- Interface with external suppliers and internal clients
including Value Stream, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Work with planning to flag production impacts and escalate
resolution through appropriate support and management personnel;
communicate program impact to appropriate departments.
- Represent/support the department in daily huddles and GEMBA
with material status updates.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders and/or contracts;
follow-up and expedite late and pending orders; resolve
receiving discrepancies; coordinate Return to Vendor (RTV) and
reconcile finance issues (incorrect invoices).
- Search out alternate Suppliers to establish competition and to
help minimize material shortages and stock outages.
- Meet with Suppliers seeking to establish relationship with the
firm; review materials presented and recommend whether the
vendor deserves further consideration.
- Participate in supplier visits, audits, and performance
management either onsite or via conference calls when necessary;
in collaboration with the Commodity Managers and Quality
Assurance. Provide feedback to support the Supplier Report Card,
in order to elevate or maintain corporate expectations of
supplier’s excellence in delivery.
- Populate an up-to-date system on pricing and Suppliers to
ensure immediate and accurate access to information in the ERP
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety
policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as
well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional
- Support and address KPI matrix and report outs.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including Self
Evaluation Team support as appropriate
- Help with obtaining supplier quotes for customer proposals
- Travel when required (up to 25%)
- Associates degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in material purchasing in a
- Experience in MS PowerPoint, Word & Excel
- This position requires access to technology, materials,
software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the
US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US
Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Aerospace/Defense procurement experience
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Certification from The Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.