A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Senior Production Supervisor
. This role
is responsible for supervision of all production operators and
production planning personnel and will oversee the work activities
associated with meeting production goals, production and capacity
planning/scheduling, labor tracking, quality and cost objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, plans, and organizes production operators’ workloads
by creating a monthly production schedule to execute the backlog
and controlling resulting work assignments to provide for a
smooth flow and level-loading of production tasks within the
factory throughout each month
- Interfaces with appropriate support personnel (Engineering,
Supply Chain, Quality, and Finance) in the investigation of
production problems encountered in meeting schedule
requirements, quality/efficiency standards, and/or cost
- Identifies contributing causes and initiates corresponding
- Applies Lean Manufacturing principles and tools to improve all
aspects of safety, quality, productivity, and cost within the
factory. Establishes documented continuous improvement
plan incorporating production and planning, SHE (safety, health,
and environment), quality, efficiency, and job costing.
- Instructs and develops production operators to ensure proper
and current certifications to specified manufacturing
- Prepares and discusses performance appraisals with Operations
Manager and initiates recommendations for employee transactions
(i.e. rate changes, reclassifications, etc.).
- Interviews job applicants and makes recommendations on
- Oversees compliance of all production and planning personnel
with SHE and all other company policies, standard practices, and
facility security requirements as governed by the facility
security officer (FSO).
- Drives innovation and change by communicating on key business
initiatives and promoting employee engagement and involvement.
- Works with engineering to ensure visual work instructions are
created and maintained for all products and processes.
- Maintains an appropriate labor-management relationship with
subordinates and promotes Cobham’s values.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in a manufacturing
environment focusing on assembly.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience supervising teams
- Implementation of lean manufacturing, JIT, Kaizen, Heijunka,
Continuous Improvement and other lean concepts
- Advanced or intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong Communication skills, ability to clearly communicate,
both verbally and in writing, to all levels of the organization.
- Must be a strong team player and possess strong collaboration
skills in partnering with cross functional stakeholders in order
to achieve objectives.
- Conduct root cause analysis and investigations to address
quality or productivity issues. Coach his/her personnel to
create and improvement culture on the floor.
- Interact with all levels of personnel to analyze and solve
problems related to manufacturing, quality documentation, and
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably Bachelor of Science
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.