A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Coordinates, administers, and controls financial close. Provides
tax, insurance and other reports required by governmental
regulations. Reviews, analyzes, and Interprets financial and
budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of accounting operations.
Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to
maintain reporting requirements. Selects, develops, and evaluates
personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve the quality of the Controller’s organization.
- Improve accuracy, timeliness and completeness of financial
information and insure the reliability of product cost and
- Establish operating procedures consistent with the Company’s
broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution. Ensure
corporate policies regarding financial management and control
are in place and adhered to.
- Maintain a sound plan of organization, including plans to
ensure adequate management development, providing for capable
management succession and ensuring adequate numbers and
qualifications of personnel within the business.
- Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and
accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood,
and monitoring performance of team against expectations.
- Provide management with sound and timely reports regarding the
current and anticipated state of the business.
- Monitor and adjust General Ledger (through journal entries) as
necessary to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Monitor internal controls to maintain internal and external
- Supports Government Audits and drives department to adequate
tools, systems and processes
- Review and approve accounts payable checks to ensure proper
disbursement of funds.
- Review and approve payroll registers to ensure proper
disbursement of payroll and accurate financial statement
- Analyze and perform financial statement analysis and accruals
for month-end financial package to ensure proper financial
- Prepare all financial statements and ledgers
- Develop and monitor monthly rates in compliance with DCAA and
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to keep
Business Area in compliance with financial and Governmental
requirements through the course of their audits.
- Attend finance and senior staff meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education Requirements:
- Supervise 5 or more professional and support employees. This
consists of assigning tasks and workloads, reviewing and
approving work performed, and conducting annual reviews for
Budgeting and Fiscal Responsibilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance;
- A M/.B.A. in accounting/finance, CMA, and/or CPA are
- Certified Public Accountant with strong knowledge of GAAP
- 8-10 years of work experience. Preferred candidate would have
3-5 years’ work experience, with a public accounting firm in the
- Experience with (ERP) environment required
- Must possess an effective management style, be capable of
assessing situations, and be proactive as part of the management
team. This person’s demeanor and bearing will garner respect of
peers and subordinates alike.
- This person is proactive, decisive, and motivational;
sensitive to employee relations’ issues.
- He/she should be knowledgeable in internal accounting control
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills,
excellent leadership capabilities, and excellent problem
identification and solving skills.
- A record of continuing education in accounting topics,
team-based management is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Government Security
- The Controller has a high degree of financial authority.
- Supports the establishment of budgets, reviews and approves
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office™ products -
Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point, Project.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.