A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Digital Design Engineer
. In this
position you will work in a highly motivated team environment to
design and develop digital and analog circuits. Applications include
missile front ends, radar receivers and communication
transceivers. The Digital Design Engineer will be responsible
for design architecture and proposal writing; assist with budget
cost, scheduling, and holding design reviews; apply appropriate
standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system
development life cycle.
- Develop digital board products including FPGA and CPLD base
- Serve as technical lead and mentor for the Digital Engineering
- Assist in cost and scheduling for new programs by reviewing
- Develop System Level Architectures for sub-system designs.
- Build, test and troubleshoot hardware.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety
policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Minimum of five years of related experience in digital and
analog circuit design.
- Knowledge of design tools for Xilinx, Altera or other CPLDs
- Knowledge of power management circuits including voltage
- Completed Bachelor’s degree.
- Secret Clearance Eligibility including US Citizenship.
- PSPICE or any other analog simulation software experience.
- Knowledge of VHDL
- Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Experience in Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog
conversion and evaluating design trade-offs
- DSP experience is a plus
- Experience with partitioning FPGAs for
- 1.Decoding customer interface to Assembly command and control
- 2.Customer loaded IP for Algorithm based DSP for MODEM and/or
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.