A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Leads and overseas the proposal, customer services and order entry
acquisition process for pre-identified business
opportunities. Plans and delivers pre-sales and
post-sales services and support to customers. Provides a
single point of contact for proposal process and execution
supporting program managers and account managers to provide
responsive proposals to customers. Tasks include analysis of RFQ/RFP
requirements and coordination with program management to construct
proposal approach, schedule, and activities required to meet
proposal delivery dates. Tasks include monitoring the development
and delivery of proposals; manage proposals by coordinating
departmental or cross-functional teams. Analyzes and develops
operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training
needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery
improvements, proposal processes, order entry processes and value
add to customers/clients. Lead and coordinate work activities of
Customer Service Representatives as well as performing some proposal
and customer service tasks. Oversees the planning, coordination and
processing of sales orders. Performs this management role in a
moderate complexity business representing the normal extension of
the business area product line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage employees, Develop Maintain and Operate processes for
Proposal Management, Customer Service and Order Entry
- Clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external
- Track quotes and proposals from the initial request to the
review and approval of the Purchase Order.
- Analyze requests for Information, requests for quotes, and
requests for proposals to determine who needs to provide input
to the quote.
- Oversee receipt of RFQs working with proposal coordination
team to ensure administrative tasks are completed expeditiously,
and proposal effort can be launched
- Analyze RFQ content and establish plan of attack. Coordinate
with PM to ensure all estimating elements are identified and
addressed in the plan.
- Lead development of LCM Phase 2A review and proposal approval
packages in accordance with LCM and Phase Gate approval
- Develop accurate presentations and reports to support internal
management and customer reviews.
- Monitor and status completion of required LCM artifacts in
support of Phase 2A reviews.
- Support and/or prepare basis of cost estimates, provide
pricing rationale and recommendations supporting quotations for
development, production, and follow-on contracts.
- Assemble, review and incorporate the inputs from the
- Monitor proposal development schedule progress and address
overall on-time to promise delivery to achieve 98% or better
- Prepare monthly bid and proposal summaries for management
- Establish the customer expectations of when they should expect
to receive the quote, and ensure quotes are delivered on time.
- Coordinate B&P budget management with BD Director
- Coordinate action amongst multiple business functions for the
successful execution of key business processes and
- Review the draft and final versions of the quote to ensure
that functional input has been included, accuracy has been
checked, quality and staffing financial considerations have been
made, and technical ability has been evaluated to ensure the
task can be completed, any potential issues are highlighted, and
that the quotes align with costs for past performance.
- Ensure proposal compliance to bid instructions, FAR
regulations and corporate policies
- Facilitate hand off of program to Program Management after the
purchase order has been received and accepted.
- Facilitate Lessons learned and After Action Reviews of large
proposals or proposals that encountered issues. Debrief these
with the proposal team and incorporate improvements into the
process as appropriate
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Manage personnel in Proposal Management, Customer Service and
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Three (3) years of leadership experience in proposal
development and delivery for defense industry proposals in a
manufacturing and/or engineering development environment
- 4 year degree, or equivalent experience in applicable business
- 5-10 years related experience
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, along with
- Possess excellent time-management skills
- Self-starter attitude with a desire to solve problems, support
co-workers, and grow his/her technical skills using whatever
means are necessary (e.g. lab work, simulation, technical
papers, added coursework, etc.).
- Proficient user Microsoft Office software. (MSWord, Excel,
PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Proficient user SALESFORCE or other CRM tool.
- Required to obtain and maintain a security clearance which
requires US citizenship
- An authentic and believable leader who communicates with
conviction and humility and is able to engender trust throughout
- A natural communicator and influencer, using such strengths in
often difficult and complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Enthusiasm for building high-performing teams.
- An approachable, hands-on and “roll up the sleeves” management
style with attention to detail. Keen business judgement
with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight.
- A willingness to be out among the employees and the customers
listening to their ideas and concerns while gaining their trust
- A communication style which instills confidence.
- An entrepreneurial orientation, yet with the skills and savvy
to work within the existing company culture and help to evolve
into the desired culture.
- Flexibility and problem-solving capabilities
- High energy level and strong action orientation.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.