A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
We are seeking a talented Shared Services - Senior Accountant
to join our growing team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Manage the full cycle general ledger month-end close for the
sector’s corporate shared service entities.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and
account reconciliations for month-end closing in an accurate and
- Responsibility for analyzing sector ledger financial
statements on a monthly basis and reporting on variances.
This includes preparation of monthly account analyses, cash flow
analyses and analysis of balance sheet and income statement
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze intercompany billings and
overhead cost allocations as it relates to the sector ledger
- Responsibility for cash management and sector bank account
- Management of the Fixed Assets within the sector ledger
through the lifecycle of the assets.
- Coordinate the accounts payable, travel and purchase card
expense and payroll activities as it relates to the sector
- Support the consolidation and reporting of the Sector balance
sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows for
monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements to the
parent, as well as external auditors.
- Responsible to support external audit deliverables related to
sector ledgers, including annual Incurred Cost Proposal
- Identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and help
implement best practices for internal controls, data governance
and operational improvements across the sector.
- Active participant in the implementation of an Accounting
Shared Services organization, and potential Sector wide ERP
- Ad hoc reporting for senior management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned to support the goals of the
Educational/ Professional Requirements:
- Full cycle month end close experience in an GL System and
experience using ERP software solutions
- Stellar oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to drive change
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task is a fast paced environment and meet
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline required
- Minimum five years of experience in accounting or related
- Full cycle finance or accounting experience in large to
- Aerospace and Defense Industry Experience Preferred
- Hyperion/PBCS Experience Preferred
- Financial System Implementation experience a plus
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.