A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
This Electrical Engineer MMIC V
role can be in either
Richardson, Tx or Forsyth, MO. Develop innovative, leading-edge GaN
and GaAs-based Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs);
provide technical expertise and guidance to engineering staff; act
as technical contact between production and engineering; support bid
and proposal efforts, customer interface and new product
development; design architecture for highly-integrated MMICs and/or
modules, proposal writing, develop budgets and schedules; hold
design reviews for multiple programs; apply appropriate standards,
processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Leads design activity for GaN and GaAs-based MMIC products
- Proficient in the use of RF simulation tools to perform
necessary modeling such as linear, non-linear, and EM
- Perform necessary analysis such as cascade chain analysis,
stability analysis, yield analysis, DC budgets, as part of the
design flow methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Develops new technology and provides inputs to the technology
and product roadmaps.
- Design and lead MMIC packaging efforts.
- Mentors and teaches other MMIC designers as appropriate.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities.
- Support Business Development team in the proposal writing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in advanced compound
semiconductor technologies such as GaN, and/or GaAs.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in MMIC design experience
in designing Microwave/Millimeter-wave power amplifiers,
low-noise amplifiers, phase
- shifter or attenuator MMICs and/or hybrid-based components.
- Expert understanding of FET theory and characteristics
- Proficient user of microwave and EM simulation tools such as
NI AWR Microwave Office or ADS required.
- Expert understanding of microwave measurements and calibration
methods: S-parameters, power, efficiency, source/load pull,
noise figure, linearity
- and intermodulation distortion.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: adaptability to
changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain
confidentiality; ability to focus on task at hand and meet
expected time completion (ETC); ability to keep an organized
work station and materials.
- Excellence behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive
even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully
accountable for their success;
- align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters
most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in
every person’s contributions; ability to work independently
being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of
resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and
as part of a team.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) or PhD in
- (15) or more years of experience in advanced compound
semiconductor technologies such as GaN, and/or
- DOD work experience
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.