A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
This role reports to the Vice President of Operations and Supply
Chain in CAES. It is a key member of the Cobham ISS Leadership Team
responsible for delivering sustained top and bottom line growth and
improving profitability by executing the business strategy,
developing strong customer relationships and driving operational
excellence. The ideal candidate is someone who has proven
experience in successfully establishing and executing a
manufacturing strategy and leading a team through transformation in
a fast paced, highly complex environment. The candidate must
be a highly motivated and driven self-starter willing to challenge
status quo and implement the necessary change to optimize business
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of
manufacturing operations and supply chain for the Cobham ISS
Business Area, which includes multiple sites, and meeting business
requirements for delivery, costs, and quality. This includes
accountability for the on time delivery of production hardware,
supply chain management, cost and schedule management,
identification of risk and opportunity management, resource
management, operations planning, and compliance to customer
requirements. This position will work closely with the product
line director, engineering director, and quality director to ensure
customer and business requirements are met. The candidate will
be required to collect and analyze performance metrics that will
drive execution excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Leads the Operations Team to establish production schedules
based on product introduction, efficiency, materials supply and
personnel resources; directs activities to maximize production
objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements that
are consistent with cost and delivery conditions.
- Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute operational plans in
the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance
to business requirements.
- Ensure customer requirements are consistently understood and
- Directs production activities and develops schedules and
personnel requirements for assigned areas collaborating with
other functions such as program management, engineering,
marketing, new product development, customer service, quality
inspection, among others.
- Effectively manage tasks, resources and risks while monitoring
financial budgets to make timely critical decisions needed to
meet overall scope, budget and objectives of the business and
- Embrace and take an active role in promoting the concepts of
continuous improvement by effectively implementing principles of
Lean manufacturing, including Six Sigma and Kaizen in a low
volume, high mix production environment.
- Develop systems and processes that drive predictable
consistency in all elements of operational performance.
- Champion the adherence to and effectiveness of a robust Sales,
Inventory, and Operations -Planning (SIOP) process.
- Plans and directs procedures and budgets; provide
recommendations on capital expenditure projects that support
quality and cost improvements and objectives of the facility.
- Report performance and analyze data to identify potential
problems and issues: Assume ownership of the problem solving
process and develop sound plans and corrective actions to ensure
adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, cost
performance, and safe working conditions
- Leads strategic direction and execution for recommendations on
make / buy decisions related to production capital assets,
subassemblies and products that make best sense for the
- Establishes and modifies operational methods and processes by
determining changes in materials, equipment, and procedures;
develops and establishes departmental standards and practices.
- Develop and monitor operational processes and Key Performance
Indicators (KPI’s) to execute immediate, proactive action
correcting financial, quality and schedule variances
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure all activities in
support of production are coordinated and executed to achieve
maximum effectiveness and efficiency, including contributing to
proposal development, strategic planning, budgeting and
- Participate in and implement the Long Range Strategic Planning
(LRSP) process as a member of the leadership team.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale
- Creates a culture of learning, provides development through
training, mentoring and assignments.
- Capable of performing failure analysis and root cause
corrective action determination.
- Supports the operation of safe and healthy workplaces for
employees and ensure optimization of space and facilities in
support of business goals.
- Establishes and modifies operational methods and processes by
determining changes in materials, equipment, and procedures to
meet future manufacturing capability. Develops and establishes
departmental standards and practices.
- Partner with engineering to develop product that follows best
practices for Design for Manufacturability.
- Must have strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability
to lead people, coach and mentor staff; ability to lead with
integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable,
unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations;
ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability
to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the
business; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her
full potential and achieve excellence; ability to maintain
- Must have well-developed business acumen and be able to
balance a strategic focus with the ability to dig into the
details when necessary.
- Must possess a strong process orientation and a track record
of reducing costs, improving productivity, and streamlining
operations in order to achieve significant financial
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills;
ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations; ability to review and
compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing
priorities and assignments; ability to prioritize tasks and meet
schedules/deadlines; ability to simultaneously initiate,
prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Ability to maintain a proactive and positive approach to
resolving conflict and or business issues.
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively including
ability to present findings in formal and in ad-hoc situations
and answer resulting questions from management.
- Must have strong communication and relationship building
skills at all levels of an organization and the ability to work
effectively across functions within a matrix environment.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, particularly
cross-functionally. Emphasis on the ability of building and
maintain strategic working relationships.
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams with vision
and to be decisive, influential and able to gain commitment to
- Must be able to provide effective coaching and mentoring to
develop a high performing and collaborative team.
- Must be able to effectively flow down goals into measurable
tasks to subordinate levels and manage performance.
- Must have demonstrated ability to anticipate needs of the
business based on current trends and information and develop
plans to react accordingly.
- Must have demonstrated ability to train and develop team
members to increase crosstraining and utilization in support of
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written); Proficient
in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field
of study from accredited university or college,
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively increasing experience
in Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, or
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- MBA / Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Black belt in Lean/Six Sigma is desired.
- Experience with and/or understanding of DOD operating
standards within a Supply Chain Structure.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which
requires USA Citizenship.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.