Our San Jose team develops advanced microwave and millimeter wave
subsystems, hybrid modules and components for defense and government
customers. To meet our customers’ requirements, the Thin Film
manufacturing team plays a critical roles in our success.
• Process parts on thin film substrate
manufacturing line doing hand deburring. Serve as backup
operator for plating and chemically etching wafers.
• Must be able to do detailed work by hand using
tweezers and knives.
• Must be comfortable using a microscope.
All deburring and inspection is done under a microscope.
• Use calipers to make accurate measurements.
• Must be willing to work with plating and other
chemicals. Experience running production machines/processes
are a plus (plating, photolithography, x-ray, laser, etc).
• Must be able to understand assembly drawings,
written and oral work instructions.
• Must be detail oriented and able to identify and
mark when a part does not meet specifications.
• Need to maintain record logs, filling out
operation sheets and changing chemicals in tanks as required.
• Work with engineers to maintain smooth flow of
production work orders and report issues that affect product quality
or performance of equipment.
• Swing shift position (hours 2 to 10:30pm).
• Must have good written and verbal communication
• Should be comfortable working with computers.
• Must be able to work independently and be
• Must be able to work in a team environment and
participate in problem solving when process and assembly problems
• High school diploma and 1 (one) plus years
related experience with mechanical process such as fixture
• This position requires US Citizenship.
• Cobham Defense Electronic Systems is an Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or