Cobham Mission Systems are looking for an Estimator to perform a key role as part of the business-winning team to price contracts for original equipment, repairs and maintenance within the defence sector. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
The estimating team consists of 7 employees, working on multiple complex engineering projects. We are an innovative high performing team with a great team spirit trusted to deliver a great service to our key stakeholders. As part of this function you will work with established tools and processes and we will provide training to develop your skills and career within estimating and associated teams.
As an Estimator your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence sector
· Knowledge of the estimating process is a prerequisite for this role
· Experience in costing/pricing/tendering for original equipment, repairs and maintenance schemes within the sector
· Experience of UK MoD and US DoD and export contracting is ideal
· Ability to work both within a team, making the best use of internal resources and also autonomously
· Initiative and drive to collate, analyse and present complex information key to the commercial success of the business
· Enthusiasm and commitment to the sector and the ability to work to tight deadlines
As an Estimator your main responsibilities will involve:
· Compiling cost estimates by collating inputs from cross functional disciplines:
o Manufacturing Operations
o Project Management
o Commercial and Finance
· Working as an integral part of the Bid Team to develop the cost estimate to selling price and obtain internal approval of the bid issued to the customer
About Cobham Mission Systems
Click Here to watch our careers video and learn more about us
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.