Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for a Production Supervisor who will be accountable for the outgoing on time delivery, Quality and Cost of product manufactured, repaired and shipped from the relevant Product Assembly Line. Further, they will maintain SHE standards of facility and team.
Our facility in Wimborne manages assembly for a number of different aerospace products including air to air refuelling pods and weapons carriage & release systems.
The position is based in Wimborne, Dorset and will require infrequent travel. The position reports into a Value Stream Manager and you will supervise Fitters as part of your role
As a Production Supervisor your skills and experience will include: -
- Extensive experience from an aircraft maintenance or aerospace assembly environment as a Production/ Manufacturing/ Maintenance supervisor.
- Possess LEAN knowledge and improvement techniques
- Understands and is able to perform all tasks within the shift, maintaining skill versatility through hands-on.
- Advanced training in the skills, disciplines, or processes used. Academic studies to HNC/ HND level, typically following apprenticeship, or experience to equivalent depth, and or breadth.
- Should hold a Quality stamp, with appropriate approval scope, to be able to approve and clear the work of team members.
As a Production Supervisor your main responsibilities will involve: -
- Responsibility for delivery of product to SIOP production plan, budget and customer requirement dates and required quality and cost standards
- Coordinate/lead production stand-ups to allocate tasks and manage priorities in support of the programme function and SIOP production plan
- Monitor production metrics to ensure the operation teams are meeting the OTTP targets.
- Drive the operations team to meet/exceed targets for utilisation, efficiency, job card/material variance.
- Monitor and co-ordinate RCCA activities to drive quality to meet FPY targets.
- Ensures all processes are covered through effective resource management via the use of Skill matrix.
- Drive process improvement to minimise Non Conformances
- Provides cover for tasks by exception e.g. occasions when no other cover available.
- Ensure operational compliance with Company procedures and Quality requirements
- Manages small tools and consumables
- Evaluates the progress of build against pre-determined standards, communicating process abnormalities to the Value Stream Manager to initiate problem resolution process.
- Escalates to the Value Stream Manager when resource management and shift targets do not meet business requirement.
- Identify and drive improvement initiative to reduce costs, improve on time delivery and increase product first time pass rates.
- Applies standard change control procedures and provides leadership in order to engage the team in continuously improving their performance.
- Responsible for applying, maintaining and improving lean manufacturing procedures.
- Ensures the continuous development of the safety, health and environment requirements within the operations area.
- Ensure equipment maintenance and calibration requirements are met
- People Management
- Manage all direct operators for product group.
- Executes company HR policy in line with authorisation levels.
- Authorises the Team’s sickness forms, holidays and leave of absence in line with guidelines and business need.
- Coach operators in core skills; identify other training needs within team and put in place training plans
- Interviews, selects and integrates new team members and address their development needs via the Team Skills Matrix.
- Actively supports the development needs of the team to ensure task flexibility via the use of Team Skills Matrix and promotion of operator self-inspection
- Conducts PDR’s (annual and interim) for team members
- Conducts start of shift meeting with team to plan the shifts work, understand the shifts targets, any key issues / problems and any other communications (e.g. visits, health & safety issues etc)
- Escalation of issues to Value Stream Manager in timely manner
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.