Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Senior Buyer to work in the Procurement function at their head office in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
This role will ensure the effective procurement of materials, components and services within the category for the Aerospace Connectivity Business Unit & for any related new products. Working with relevant internal stakeholders and suppliers to drive procurement operational excellence.
As a Senior Buyer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience of working in a supply chain organisation.
- Previous experience as a buyer within a manufacturing company is an advantage.
- A degree in business, operations, supply chain, or related field.
- Experiencing of influencing and/or negotiating.
- Experience of supplier relationship management.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Ability to work to financial and time-sensitive constraints.
- CIPS certification is desirable.
As a Senior Buyer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Manage the end-to-end supply chain relationships with a specified group of vendors to ensure the best possible quality, cost, delivery and overall supplier reliability for the Business Unit.
- Manage associated sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with project or production deliverables.
- Review material demand requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements; reviewing, negotiating and issuing purchase orders and making necessary changes to requirements, schedule and price.
- Analyse and process supplier notifications for the category.
- Early engagement with relevant stakeholders to review and challenge engineering specifications with the purpose of developing appropriate procurement strategies to support the business needs.
- Undertake supplier negotiations within the category to ensure appropriate and cost effective solutions are achieved.
- Be the data owner for all supply master data for the category.
- Monitor the delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to manufacturing need date.
- Research vendors and develop new and alternative sources of supply and carry out transfer of work per the defined process.
- Follow vendor reduction strategy for the category.
- Create and maintain market profiles for the category.
- Continually monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of suppliers.
- Ensure timely disposition and return of any non-conforming supplier material ensuring rapid replenishment to support production need.
- Manage day to day procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating price changes with vendors, negotiating revised terms and special arrangements with vendors.
- Deploy responsible supply chain management practices in accordance with Company policy.
- Significantly contribute to the on-going capability development and performance of the function.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Manufacturers of secure, reliable communications and navigation systems
We are innovative system integrators with a pedigree of capability in Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare for aerospace and defence. Through continual innovation, we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable systems with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and value. Our air, land and maritime products include Antenna Systems, Anti-Jam GPS, Radio, Audio, Air Traffic Management Systems and Electronic Warfare.