Cobham SATCOM IT is seeking a Linux IT Ops Engineer to operate, support and develop our current Linux estate, supporting primarily SATCOM R&D.
We are a team of thirteen in IT including you, supporting SATCOM around the globe. We have about 600 customers, most using IT as an essential tool in their working day. You will be located in our main office in Kgs. Lyngby, supporting users and servers in our primary locations. We have a strong focus on stable operations and a high level of security.
Operating the Linux estate to excellence, working closely with our customers, the Windows team, always thinking compliance and security.
Keeping the environment functional, updated, and documented – and keeping track of the end-user experience is vital.
An important role to play is working closely with the DevOPS team to ensure the platforms, solutions and setups are sound and stable.
Supporting end-users, primarily on Linux related support.
We expect you have at least some years documented hands-on experience with Linux administration.
- You are updated and interested in keeping your knowledge up-to-date
- You have strong knowledge in working with Linux in a Windows landscape, to ensure seamless integration cross platform
- You are expected to have a keen focus on automation – both on servers and workstations to keep all systems healthy and compliant with standards.
- You are familiar with ITIL procedures and processes in IT Operations.
- You are familiar with Windows servers and infrastructure.
We expect you to be
- Service minded by nature
- Curious about learning – and about getting to know your customers and colleagues.
- Thriving in a diverse environment
- Security minded
- Doing root-cause analysis rather than quick-fix
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM
About Cobham SATCOM
Our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land, at sea and in the air. We design and manufacture these high performance products under the AVIATOR, EXPLORER, SAILOR and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value and support through our global sales and service network.
For more information please contact Alison.Nissen@cobham.com