Cobham is seeking a Production Engineer II. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Provide engineering support to production supervisors and employees
- Use a structured, analytical engineering approach to solve chronic or challenging product problems
- Develops, updates and maintains work instructions
- May participate on various teams for design review, configuration control, process improvement, etc., as assigned
- Drive cost effective manufacturing through the use of lean tools
- Determine materials and tools needed to achieve production requirements and specifications
- Evaluate cost, time, and quality options for repair, replacement, or rework
- Actively participate in 6S and Kaizen events
- Conducts risks analysis, evaluates environmental conditions, and ergonomic evaluations for new, or revised production processes, and abate or address issues that are identified
- 5+ years’ of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 + years’ experience reading prints and working with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Associates degree in a Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, a technical discipline
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace and defense
- Structures, fabrication and assembly experience
- Experience with Root Cause Problem Solving methods
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills to independently prioritize daily activities to meet department objectives
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobham.com/careers