Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Systems Engineering Team Lead to manage a team of around 10 direct reports within the systems engineering discipline. Reporting into the Discipline Manager, this role will be based at the Christchurch office.
As a Systems Engineering Team Lead your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing day to day management and direction of the team.
- Flowing down the objectives for the team and overseeing the implementation.
- Deliver technical presentations and reports, regularly communicate and brief technical and non-technical stakeholders on programme/project progress
- Maintaining the forward load for the function, and managing local resourcing issues from clashes and recruitment needs.
- Reviewing and sign off of relevant estimates.
- Managing future skills matrix, training plan and recruitment plan.
- Generating future investment cases to support the capability growth/sustainment of the discipline.
As a Systems Engineering Team Lead your skills and experience will ideally include:
- A degree in a relevant subject would be beneficial but is not essential
- Previous exposure to product development lifecycle is essential
- Proven people management experience, supporting in career development, promotions, and productivity.
- Provides leadership across the local team.
- Acts as an ambassador for the discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to influence internal customers.
- Provides an example of professional behaviour to the function.
- Mentors junior engineers and coaches senior engineers.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Manufacturers of secure, reliable communications and navigation systems
We are innovative system integrators with a pedigree of capability in Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare for aerospace and defence. Through continual innovation, we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable systems with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and value. Our air, land and maritime products include Antenna Systems, Anti-Jam GPS, Radio, Audio, Air Traffic Management Systems and Electronic Warfare.