As the Senior Firmware Engineer working on product development your range of responsibilities will include adherence to development process, creation of requirements, development of architecture, and design and integration of modules.
Typical products with which this role would come into contact include digital beam forming applications, radio, direction finding and logic translators for the control of antenna systems. The development activities will range from low level research to market driven product developments.
This role will be based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Senior Firmware (FPGA) Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Digital hardware design
- HNC Degree in Maths, Physics or Engineering
- Firmware lifecycle development
- RTL design
- Timing closure
- Requirements capture
- Strong written and oral skills
As a Senior Firmware (FPGA) Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Development of architecture to fulfil system requirements
- Creation of design and test requirements
- Firmware design and code to implement requirements
- Documentation of design
- Working across a multidisciplinary team to ensure successful product integration
- Hardware verification
- Technology studies
- Work package estimation
- Deliver on time and budget
The ideal candidate will:
- Impart knowledge and best practice
- Have a background in DSP design and verification
- Be familiar with all major FPGA families and microprocessors
- Have an understanding of software and systems engineering principles
- Work to design and coding standards
- Work to configuration standards
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.